So to keep myself accountable, I think it is important that I share what goals are. You can read about why under Healthy Living 2016 on the tabs, but here it is in black and white.
Overall goal: Look hot. Be cute in wedding photos. Wear swimsuit without shame in Mexico. Be in optimal health for baby making.
Current Weight- 185 lb. This is after 3 days of clean eating and lots of water so very little water weight I believe is counted. I will keep track of my weight on the Current Status tab and try to weigh in once a week.
By April 1st- be around 170 lbs. This is 15 lbs in 3 months. Math isn’t my strong suit but a pound a week sounds manageable and like something I have done before. With Advocare, I managed to get to 173 lbs in one month and so 10 lbs in 30 days. HOWEVER, I am totally aware that every time you restart a diet, you slow your metabolism. I am on day five and can feel my body resisting me.
By August 1st- be at 155 lbs. Another 15 lbs in 3 months. This will be even harder as I think the last time I was under 165 was in high school. My plan is to a) not give up after losing a few lbs this time and b) up the exercise. I hate to exercise.
Be at 145 lbs by the time I get pregnant. I’m thinking like January 2017. So that means 40 lbs in one year exactly. Now it sounds effing crazy. (Side note: I am afraid one of my students will find this blog so I am going to keep the language somewhat appropriate)
BUT HOW MICHELLE? YOU ARE SO LAZY AND COMFORTABLE AND YOU COOK SUCH FATTENING FOODS AND YOUR HUSBAND EATS LIKE A PREPUBESCENT TEENAGER?
Okay so here is the plan in several formats.
- Meal planning- Using the PepperPlate app to organize meals and recipes.
- No junk or processed food in the house. I do all the grocery shopping so I am just not going to buy it.
- Drink at least 90 oz of water a day.
I use this 72 oz bottle at work. I make sure to have a tall glass in the morning with my probiotics and drink 2 glasses during dinner. I think that makes 90…. ish…
- Shakeology meal replacement shakes. I found with Advocare that drinking a shake instead of eating lunch helped me not to have to plan a lunch. Also, if I believe everything I read and hear on infomercials, Shakeology is pretty good for you! Pre and probiotics and all the essential vitamins and nutrients. I have done two days of it so far and am happy with it. Weird aftertaste. Advocare’s mocha tastes better but is not as healthy for sure. I actually ordered 2 months worth on Etsy for $130. Way way cheaper than any other website or person. Weird right?
- Eat dinner earlier and healthier. Palm sized protein, half the plate is veggies, and either a side salad or starchy veggie like sweet potato.
- No snacking after dinner. If I am still hungry, I will have a cup of tea or some carrot sticks and hummus. It is the only raw vegetable I can tolerate.
- 25 minutes of working out five days a week. I have Core Rhythms, T25, and Hip Hop Abs to help me achieve this. I also have a Chromecast so I can use youtube videos on my TV if I need to change it up. I have an elliptical in the garage but I get SO bored. As a school counselor, I like to self-diagnose myself with ADHD but with healthy coping skills. I multitask, I have a million hobbies, I am most proud of my efficiency, and I talk really loud. Those seem to compensate for my ADHD tendencies.
Meal plan sample:
Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and 1 piece of bacon (Ryan makes me breakfast every morning so one more meal I don’t have to worry about)
Snack- berries, chia pudding, or half a Kind bar (the low sugar ones)
Lunch- meal replacement shakeology
Dinner- pot roast in pressure cooker with all the veggie fixins like cabbage, baby carrots, celery, onion.
With a little extra hot horseradish this was pretty darn good. I thought the meat could be more tender but this was my first attempt at meat in the pressure cooker. I am not going to share a recipe because it was nothing spectacular and I sorta made it up based on what I had on hand. Used half a ranch packet to season with garlic salt and pepper before browning. A few dashes of Worchestershire sauce and 1 cup of beef broth to add liquid to the pressure cooker. Then I cooked it for 25 minutes. Opened it, added all the veggies to the max fill line and did another 15 minutes. Veggies were perfect and well seasoned. Meat was flavorful but a bit touch.
Tonight, I will make salmon that I bought frozen from Trader Joes and lemon green beans. If I have a lemon….